Monday, April 12, 2010

Massage

About body work in Thailand...everyone gets it. Its on every street (literally out on the street); reflexology, herbal massage, Thai massage. I even had something called Guasha done on my arm. The edge of a coconut shell is rubbed on the skin until the blood vessels rise to the surface and break. No, it doesn't feel good, but I just wanted to see what happened. Although I didn't realize it at the time, the therapy I had on my arm was used to relieve gas...I didn't even have gas...a language barrier problem. The therapist kept asking me how I was feeling during the therapy, I kept saying fine. At least now I know what it feels like.

Okay, Thai massage. A full massage takes 3 hours! In my book, its a lot more like passive yoga then massage. It feels good, but is NOT always comfortable. Having completed my course, its a strenuous procedure for the therapist. It is all done on the floor, and there is lots of lifting, bending, and pulling, for both the therapist, and the client. If you're interested, come and try it at deliver me yoga.

2 comments:

  1. how Can I keep missing you - happy belated birthday but we are celebrating when you get back! Now just pining away for all of you! Next time I'm coming along - I keep leaving message on your cell phone as a verbal diary of the day to day here -I am on a yoga class a day regiment for Yoga TT so I do not have to go to Yoga summer school (becaue I did not fulfill my 2 classes per week requirement!) Can this get any more fun? Enjoy the last few day and call me from Hawaii!!!!!

    xoxo,
    Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, thai massage.....that sounds....interesting......

    ReplyDelete